Call for Papers (online) no longer available
The accepted proposals will be published on the FAAPI '13 Virtual Platform.
38th FAAPI Conference - Buenos Aires
26-27-28 September 2013
UCA – Universidad Católica Argentina, Puerto Madero
Roots & Routes in Language Education
How do languages, cultures and identities interact in 21st-century classrooms?
Bi/Multi/Plurilingualism, interculturality and identity
in the areas of Language Education- Language Teacher Education- Assessment and Evaluation- Literature- Language Policy- New Technologies- Research
The aim of F.A.A.P.I., Argentine Federation of English Teachers’ Associations, is to link, develop and support English Language Teaching professionals in Argentina and its Annual Conference is a key academic event, organized every year by one of its 20 Teacher Associations.
The 2013 FAAPI Conference is organized by A.P.I.B.A. www.apiba.org.ar, Buenos Aires English Teachers’ Association, and it will bring together ELT professionals from Argentina and other countries to discuss, reflect and develop their ideas on the proposed themes.
The FAAPI 2013 Conference will provide a unique opportunity for ELT professionals to publish their work on the online platform and it will enable both novice and experienced practitioners to contribute to a programme that reflects the diversity and variety in the profession. The Conference will also allow delegates to enjoy professional networking by exchanging experiences in forums and informally by chat. Proposals from teachers working in Latin America are particularly welcome.
Guidelines for Submitting Proposals
The 2013 FAAPI Conference organizers invite teachers, teacher trainers, researchers and materials writers to submit proposals for presentations.
Your proposal will be considered for publication on the online platform if it fulfills the following criteria:
● It is related to the Conference main themes and subthemes (see above)
● You have not given this session, or a version of this session, at a previous academic event.
● It is clear from your summary that you have something new to say or that you plan to shed new light on a topic which has been aired at other conferences and in print. It should also be clear that you have taken into account the level of knowledge of the expected audience you indicate in the presenter’s form.
● If your presentation relies heavily on a description of your local situation, ensure that you discuss either the implications for people working in similar contexts, or its general relevance.
● Proposals with more than one author will be included in the programme only if all the authors are registered at the conference before the given deadline for presenters.
Sessions can be sent either in English or in Spanish. Proposals should be submitted in the chosen language. Proposals by professionals in languages other than English that contribute to the Conference themes are welcome.
All virtual presenters should be registered at the Conference by 30 August 2013
IMPORTANT: Please read Reglamento Congreso FAAPI Chapter 2: Academic matters
Types of presentations:
A Paper tells the participants something about what the presenter is doing or has done in relation to theory and practice. Format: Up to 10 pages, Arial 12, double-spaced.
Submit your proposal Virtual papers
A slide presentation allows the author to illustrate a topic with graphics, pictures and other formats besides text. Once the proposal is accepted, presenters will be asked to send a Powerpoint presentation of about 7 to 10 slides in PDF format.
Submit your proposal Slide presentation
3. Digital Poster
A digital poster is a visual presentation which contains an outline illustrating or summarizing a project, a feature of language or an area of research. Digital posters provide an excellent means to get your message and information across to the maximum number of people. Format: pdf.
Submit your proposal Digital Poster
4. Video presentation
Virtual proposals submission deadline: 10 August, 2013
Selected Papers from the Virtual Conference
Authors whose evaluation forms recommend publication are invited to submit a paper based on their presentation (between 2,500-3,200 words, inclusive of references, tables, and appendices) by 31 August 2013. These papers will be reviewed by the Selected Papers Editors who will inform authors whether articles are accepted as is, accepted with modifications, or rejected. This process is different from inclusion in the Conference Programme, that is, a presentation may be included in the Programme but its paper may not be part of the Selected Papers. This is due to the different nature and aims of an oral presentation and an academic manuscript. Note that the ultimate decision to include a contribution is in the hands of the Editors.
Instructions for manuscript preparation:
• Include a title, authors, and affiliation (i.e. one institution where you work/study)
• Use Times New Roman 12, double-spaced, unjustified
• Do not include an abstract
• Avoid footnotes; if necessary place notes at the end of the manuscript
• Divide your text into sections and include headings
• Include captions for your figures and tables
• For further information on in-text as well as full references follow APA Style (6th Edition). Also see http://bit.ly/XePVK and http://bit.ly/QrmdV0
Selected Papers (virtual edition) submission deadline: 9 September, 2013