● to be a first-time speaker at a Conference in the field of Teaching English as a Foreign Language
● to have between three and ten years' experience in the English teaching profession
● to be a fully paid-up Member of APIBA, with at least one year as a member
● to submit an application and a speaker proposal form by 31 July 2014.
● a completed speaker proposal and registration form (including biodata and presentation abstract and summary), available from the FAAPI 2014 Conference
● your CV (please include teaching experience and academic presentations, if applicable)
● a passport size-type digital photograph
● a brief explanation of why you are applying and why you think you should be granted the scholarship
A decision will be made by the Executive Committee by 23 August 2014. The winner will be notified by APIBA and he/she will then be required:
At the Conference:
● to attend the Meeting of FAAPI Associations with the APIBA Executive Committee Member(s) in a bid to encourage APIBA Members to participate actively in institutional matters.
After the Conference (by 30 November 2014):
● to send a 250-word report, if possible, illustrated with some photos, on the experience at the Conference for publication in the APIBA Newsletter and Blog.
● to deliver his/her presentation in Buenos Aires (on site event or webinar) including a summary of the sessions s/he attended and his/her personal reflections.